Wild Orange Essential Oil. Create. Rejuvenate. Restore.
Unleash your creative spirit. Rejuvenate your skin and inner being. Restore energy and support your mood. Orange essential oil is an effective and valuable addition to your natural health care bag of tricks. Orange essential oil is another example of Mother Earth’s perfection. It will soon become clear that you need to keep a bottle of Orange essential oil with you at all times.
Orange essential oil is one of our most popular essential oils. It is cold pressed from the rind and we source it from the Dominican Republic. Orange oil is high in monoterpenes and d-limonene which make it an effective immune system, cellular and mood support when threats are high. You can easily blend Orange essential oil with other essential oils because it is an enhancer. My favourite oils to blend Orange with are Frankincense, Geranium, Peppermint, Ginger, Patchouli and Rose.
We use this oil aromatically, topically and internally everyday for physical and emotional support. Being a citrus oil the uses are similar to Lemon essential oil BUT let’s specifically go through some of my favourite uses for this oil.
WARNING: Citrus oils are photosensitive. This means that when citrus oils are applied to the skin and then the skin is exposed to the sun the risk of being burnt increases. For this reason AVOID using citrus oils on exposed skin during the the day.
Aroma and your sense of smell is the fastest way to your brain. Chemical molecules in the air are detected by the olefactory bulbs in your nose and send a message directly to the limbic are of your brain. This is where your mood, memories and feelings are housed. Setting an intention (which will become a memory) while smelling an essential oil is a powerful tool for supporting your mood. Orange oil is known to have an inspiring and uplifting effect whilst also being calming to the mind and body. Quite simply, open up your bottle of Orange oil and inhale to begin feeling the positive effects.
1. Emotional support & Respiratory System support: Orange essential oil has been found to calm and soothe emotions. Physically this can help clear the airways (great for immune support while flying) and it can have a decongesting effect. How? Place a drop of essential oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub your hands together. Cup your hands over your face and inhale deeply.
2. Diffuse: Diffusing Orange oil will cleanse the air in your space, especially useful when our homes are closed during cooler months. Diffusing this oil also supports our immune system, so diffuse when feeling under the weather and when you’re feeling well. Diffuse with Peppermint essential oil to further help with focus during work or study time. Diffuse with Lemon (also for focus) to increase the anti pathogenic properties.
3. Creativity & Abundance: Orange essential oil is known as the ‘Oil of Abundance’ (refer to Emotions & Essential Oils. A Modern Resource for Healing). Diffuse or use cupping technique mentioned above at a time when you’re looking for inspiration and energy. Add a drop of Lemon for focus, Geranium to be open, Douglas Fir for wisdom and/or Cypress to let go and allow flow.
“At it’s core, Wild Orange teaches the true meaning of abundance. It encourages individuals to let go of scarcity mindsets with all of their manifestations, including: fear, nervousness, inflexibility, workaholism, lack of humor and the belief that there is not enough. Wild Orange reminds the soul of the limitless supply found in nature. Fruit tress, like orange, give freely to all in need.”
“Wild Orange also assists an individual’s natural creative sense. It inspires limitless solutions for problems and issues. One never needs to fear. Wild Orange invites the individual to completely let go as a child does and to live from their authentic Self. In our authenticity, we are abundance.”
Emotions and Essential oils A Modern Resource for Healing
Using the oils topically allows the oils to travel into your blood stream within 30 seconds to a minute and in that same time the oils has serviced every single cell in your body! Get some carrier oil (we like to use Fractionated Coconut Oil, it absorbs well and doesn’t leave a greasy film) and put some Orange oil on.
4. Baby Stomach Discomfort: Place a drop or two in some carrier oil (Fractionated Coconut Oil works great) and massage over a child/baby tummy to help with discomfort. Here is a blog about ‘Tiny Tummy Trouble’ and using Lavender with Orange oil. This can also be done for an adult with ’sluggish’ digestion.
5. Immune System Boost: Wild Orange essential oil has powerful antibacterial properties so placing two drops in some carrier oil and massaging under the feet will provide a boost to the immune system and it will have a gentle detoxing effect.
6. Clean naturally: Make a simple multipurpose cleaner:
What do you need?
Glass spray bottle (buy one from here)
1 cup distilled water
20 drops orange essential oil.
How? Add all your ingredients into the glass bottle. Remember to shake the bottle each time you use it. That’s it! You have a completely natural food grade multipurpose cleaner. You can add other oils to this, Lemon, Eucalyptus or Melaleuca (Tea Tree).
7. Skin support: Oranges are known to provide us with vitamin C which can be a beneficial skin support. It can help with skin discolouration, promote brighter looking skin and because of it’s antiseptic properties it can also help with spots. Add a drop to your serum, moisturiser or in your scrub (here’s my super Easy Scrub) at NIGHT to avoid sun exposure during the day.
Please remember that oils are not all equal and I do not recommend the same usage practices with any brand other than doTERRA. In fact please be mindful when using our oils because their purity does make them effective and powerful.
8. Morning digestive wake up: Place 1 drop Orange oil in some warm water for your morning alkalising, digestive wake up drink. Drinking Orange oil will also support your digestive function. The citrus oils are cold pressed from the rind. The essential oil has powerful antiseptic and tonic properties for a daily immune boost. I do this everyday and my children join me in this ritual.
9. Mouth: Place a drop of Orange oil in enough water so that you can gargle/swish around your mouth and gums. The antiseptic properties will provide protective support for your gums, teeth, lips and breath…naturally. Gargling Orange essential oil will provide general support for your mouth.
10. Food: Add orange oil to your salad dressing, 1 -2 drops in your smoothie and to chocolately treats like bliss balls. Using the essential oils in raw food preparation will maintain all their therapeutic benefits. The kids won’t even know how good it is for them. They will just think it all tastes a bit like Jaffa.
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup vinegar of your choice
1 teaspoon english mustard.
3-6 drops orange essential oil
1 drop oregano essential oil
Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Method: Throw it all together in a cute glass jar and shake it up. You can chill it in the fridge or use it right away.
What do you do next? Get yourself a bottle of Orange essential oil. Open it up to experience all the goodness and magic that is available from this natural gift from Mother Earth.
Is that all? Nope. There is a whole lot more you can do with Orange essential oil. These are simply my experiences using this essential oil. Are you feeling inspired to learn more about essential oils, natural health care and/or joining our inspired oily tribe? Yes. Then go ahead and make a time to chat with me. Email me email@example.com.
For the super keen, you can also go ahead and order yourself some oils from HERE. The most cost effective way is to order your oils like I do, wholesale. For this you will need a wholesale account. Click Join/Shop tab, select your language and country where products will be shipped. Continue to follow the prompts and remember to select ‘wholesale account’. If you are unsure at any time send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll organise a time to chat.
Our most popular kit is the ‘Home Essentials’ kit. It gives you the top 10 essential oils in 15ml size with a diffuser to start your oily, natural journey with me.
If at any stage you are unsure, stop and get in contact with me and I will walk you through it all.
**These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration or the Therapeutic Goods Association. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.**
Pub Med, Reduce stress during labour
Pub med, Anxiety disorders
Pub med, EO fight hospitals bacteria
Pub med, Anti staph