Make The Most Amazing Detox Bath Salts
You can make your own divinely scented bath salts. It’s really easy and cheap to do. There are so many health benefits for both big and little people. You just need some basic use quality ingredients and essential oils of course. Throwing it all together takes about five minutes!
What are some of the health benefits?
- Benefit number one in my books is the unwind and de-stress time. I’m not the best at unwinding, there’s just so much that I could be doing!
- A detox bath with Epsom salts will help flush toxins out of the body.
- Epsom salts are a natural anti-inflammatory so can soothe muscles and joints.
- Essential oils have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- You’ll absorb minerals from the water. I pop some bath salts in my children’s bath at least once a week to support their physical body and mood!
Reality check…I’m a mum with four your boys, I don’t actually get to soak in a bath all that often. But when I do I want to be soaking in quality ingredients that will support my body and health, not harm me. I do aim to have a good old soak once a month or when I’m simply feeling out of whack, either physically or emotionally. So, this is how you can simply throw it all together…
What you need?
1/2 cup Epsom Salts (you can get them from here)
1/4 cup Bicarb Soda
1/4 cup Salts (Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt)
Essential oils – I add 10-15 drops for this size batch
Glass jar for storage (reuse an empty jar or buy from here)
1. Measure out all your dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. Add a third of the mixture to your storage jar.
3. Add 3-5 drops of essential oils.
4. Add another third of the salt mixture to the jar.
5. Add another 3-5 drops of essential oils to the jar.
6. Add the final amount of salts to the jar.
7. Add the final drops of essential oils to the jar.
Essential Oil Combinations to try:
– Lemon, Rosemary and Eucalyptus for tired muscles and a run down immune system.
– Geranium, Lavender and Cedarwood for a calming and relaxing bath.
– Ylang Ylang, Lavender and Frankincense for a calming and relaxing bath.
You can add: Some beautiful flowers to the bowl with your dry ingredients. I add calendula flowers to my Lemon mix and rose petals to my Geranium mix. You can get them from here.
These bath salts make a lovely natural gift too:
To get yourself some essential oils, head on over here OR email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.