Our Daily Practice For Using Essential Oils
The best way to achieve results using the essential oils is through consistency. Focusing on using the oils daily for prevention is how we choose to stay healthy and balanced. So, for this reason I follow this daily protocol for my family.
- Peppermint – To wake me up first thing in the morning when my little roosters rise before me. I keep Peppermint on my bedside table so it’s within close reach. I simply place a drop in the palm of my hands, cup my hands over my face and take a deep inhalation. Then I rub the remainder over the back of my neck.
- Grounding Blend – As the name suggest Spruce, Ho Wood, Frankincense, Blue Tansy and Blue Chamomile flowers are blended to create a grounding and balancing blend for the emotions. Every morning on every one Mum, Dads and the boys. Just a dab behind each ear lobe. I like to dilute it with a little fractionated coconut oil.
- Lemon – We make up a warm water drink with one drop of lemon oil before breakfast to alkalise our digestive system, the boys drink this too!
- Joyful Blend – I diffuse this blend in the morning while we’re preparing for the day ahead. Bergamot, Clementine, Grapefruit, Lemon, Mandarin, Tangerine, Vanilla and Wild Orange are beautifully blended to create an amazing aroma. This blending is invigorating and cheerful in the morning whilst also being quite mellow. Great to eliminate odours and airborne pathogens.
- Protective Blend – On us or in us. 1-2 drops with some Fractionated Coconut Oil under the kids feet before they walk out the door. I place a drop or two in a shot a glass of water and drink it.
- Frankincense – One drop under both my husbands and my tongue and we rub this on the back of the boys neck. Doctor Hill suggests this as a daily protocol for all for its anti-inflammatory qualities and also for brain and mood regulation.
- Long Life Vitality Supplements – With breakfast, these supplements have made a huge difference to our overall wellbeing and health.
- Mito2Max – This supplement supports stamina without using harmful stimulants. We take two in the morning and then two more in the early afternoon.
- Depending on the mood in our home I diffuse various oils in the afternoon.
- Lavender/Melaleuca/Geranium – In the boys bath with some Epsom salts for the detoxifying benefits and to help the boys wind down before bedtime. Plus Lavender and Geranium are very soothing for the skin so it serves to support their skin after a tough day in the playground.
- Calming Blend – We diffuse this before bed, it smells divine and is super soothing also. Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Sandalwood, Sweet Marjoram, Vanilla, Ylang Ylang work so well together to induce a restful sleep.
Other uses for our oils:
- Protective Blend/Oregano – On the bottom of feet three or four times per day to support the immune system and for their antibiotic properties. Also a natural way of dealing with parasites and worms…kids.
- Lavender – Cuts and scrapes, burns, even just to sniff for its analgesic properties when someone is in pain.
- Protective Blend/Lemon – To create a natural all purpose cleaner, fifteen drops of each oil in a glass bottle (the oils draw out toxins of plastic bottles and deteriorate the plastic) and simply fill with demineralised water, easy and cheap to make.
- Peppermint – On temples for a headache (with a drop of frankincense under the tongue) and on the back of the neck for a fever.
- Digestive Blend – In a carrier oil and rubbed on the stomach area with soothe a sore stomach. Can also be drunk with water for stomach upset. Anise, Caraway, Coriander, Fennel, Ginger, Peppermint and Tarragon are blended beautifully to help stomach issues and heartburn.
The list just goes on for us and we have never been better for it. If you have any queries about creating your daily usage protocol send me an email to book a preliminary wellness consult if you don’t have any oils yet email@example.com.