Make My Healthier White Christmas
A healthier version of White Christmas? Yep. You may have noticed by now that I have a little (big) thing with cacao butter. Creating your own chocolate using cacao butter means you can avoid the nasties that are added to store bought chocolate varieties. And of course you can add more health benefits and have fun playing with the flavours by using your doTERRA essential oils.
Quality Cacao butter and powder are high in anti-oxidants. Read more about the benefits of Cacao in the article below.
So what are anti-oxidants good for, I hear you ask? A good, and important question. Anti-oxidants help to mop up free radicals that can damage our cells. We are made up of trillions of cells and billions of our cells die everyday. As we age the process of cell growth and renewal becomes less effective, in part because of the damage caused by free radicals. So consuming anti-oxidant rich foods supports the cells in our body, and the process of cellular regeneration.
Essential oils also support healthy cellular function. So, good quality chocolate and essential oils…in the form of this White Christmas recipe is the perfect healthier treat this festive season.
What do you need?
- 1 cup cranberries – you can get them HERE
- 2- 2/1/2 tablespoons Maple syrup – depends on how sweet your cranberries are, I used 2 tablespoons maple syrup and I used the same cranberries in the link above
- 60 grams cacao butter (melted gently on a very low heat) – get it HERE. Consider buying this in bulk with a few friends
- 1 cup desiccated coconut and a little extra for coating – I make sure it’s free of all sugar, oils and nasties, it’s ridiculous what they put in it
- 1/2 cup nut butter of your choice – I whizzed up some cashew butter in my Thermomix. Simply add 1/2 cup nuts in your blender and blend until smooth. You can add a dash of macadamia oil to help the emulsification process along.
- pinch salt
- ESSENTIAL OILS – you can get them HERE
5 drops doterra Wild orange essential oil
1 drop doterra Ginger essential oil
1 drop doterra cinnamon essential oil
So how do you make it?
Whiz up all your ingredients until well combined. I try to stop at a point where the cranberries are still fairly chunky.
Either roll into balls and coat in left over coconut OR
Line a tray with baking paper, flatten out the mixture into the tray and sprinkle with coconut.
Place your White Christmas into the fridge to harden (about an hour), and then cut into squares.
- Add chopped nuts to the mixture for some extra crunch. Pistachios would be perfect.
- You can substitute the maple syrup for a sweetener of your choice. I would also try Brown Rice Syrup or raw honey.
- Cacao information from Lauren at Ascension Kitchen HERE
- Play with your Essential Oil combinations! Cardamom, Ginger and Cinnamon would be beautiful together and Christmassy.
Merry Christmas, Margie x